I am about to put this in a public forum...I have at least 50-60 pounds that I need to lose. What does that mean? It means I have completely let myself go allowing every excuse I can muster to justify eating whatever and how much I want and becoming sedentary. I am ashamed that I have let myself get to this point. I have decided to take back the control of my health. I joined an employee wellness team at work to help hold me accountable. Today, they weighed me, measured my height and waist circumference, took my blood pressure, and took my blood. I'll let you guess which measurements I wasn't happy about. I should get my bloodwork back in a few days, and we will see what bad story it has to tell...
I have decided to start my exercising a bit on the light side and work my way back up. My husband and I have agreed to go for a walk every night. The dog will like this! We went tonight, but only for 20 minutes because it was a bit late. My goal is for us to walk at least 30 minutes a day and gradually increase that time. I have also found some great and "easy" strength training exercises that I plan to start on tomorrow. Additionally, we have treadmills and elypticals at work. I get an hour for lunch and rarely use more than 30 minutes; the rest of the time is spent doing whatever to pass the time. I have decided to get on the treadmill or elyptical for at least 30 minutes while at work. At least I will feel productive. I also need to change my eating habits. This will be harder as I LOVE food. I can still eat great meals, I just need to pick healthier items and eat less of it. Someone gave me the Weight Watchers plan from 1991. It's very simple, so now I need to go grocery shopping. I am ready to melt the pounds away!
Here is a funny quote I will never forget: "My goal weight is my fat weight 10 years ago!" That statement is SO true!!
No comments:
Post a Comment