I don’t have a theme with this post, just a few different things to share.
My husband and I did yard work ALL weekend. His parents helped on Saturday, and it was very much appreciated. But do you ever work so long and so hard, and then ask yourself, what did we do?! We only worked on a small section of the yard, but it was such a big job…we took out 8 bushes and replaced the area with sod. We have many more weekends of work ahead of us, but progress is being made.
I started a new job a month ago and things are going well. I’ve been looking for a job for five months, and it has been tough. It’s also been an adjustment going back to work after being off for that long, but it is an adjustment that I am very willing to make. I am a public health nurse. This is not a direction I ever saw myself going, but God has a way of pointing you in the direction you need to go. I really enjoy my job. I get to work in health promotion, which I really love. I also enjoy have nights and weekends off, 12 paid holidays, three weeks of vacation, and three weeks of sick leave. To top it off, I work with really great people who also love their jobs and willingly help each other out. It is a great environment.
Final thought, second to family, friends are the best thing in life. Some are only in our lives for a season, and some are truly lifelong friends. Lifelong friends are the type of friends that you think about frequently even though you may not be able to talk that much and no matter how long you have been apart, you pick up right where you left off. It’s hard not to take it personally when a seasonal friendship is over, but take it for what it is. Cherish the time you had with that friend and be thankful for what you got from it. People get busy and sometimes grow apart. That’s life.
No comments:
Post a Comment