Yesterday was my last day of nursing school. I can't describe the relief I felt when I left the hospital after my final clinical and presentation. It was GREAT! I cried on the way home. I have worked so long and so hard and pretty much surrendered my life to nursing school for the last three and a half years. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done and my biggest accomplishment in life so far. My family and friends keep telling me that I have my personality back and that I seem very happy. :o)
After the clinical day was over, a couple of my nursing school friends and I went out to celebrate. We all intern at the same hospital and did our final presentation together. It was great to celebrate with them. However, I must say I'm not as young as I used to be...
Today I got to spend a carefree day with my mom and sister. It was so nice not having to worry about studying or doing paperwork (even though I still have to do my final paperwork which should only take about 30 minutes).
I pick up my pin on Monday and turn in my final paperwork. The pinning ceremony is on Thursday. After that, I really get to focus on my upcoming wedding that is just two weeks away. I can't wait for all of it! It's worse than a kid at Christmas. I could not have made it without the encouragement of my family, friends, and fiance. Thank you all for putting up with me duirng this adventure and cheering me on. Thursday night is as much for you as it is for me. Now I have to figure out what I am going to say about my nursing journey since I will be speaking about it at the pinning. It should be easy since I apparently like to talk a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment